The Swing....

The Swing....
Grinding everyday

#TEAMGAESTEL

Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Why I love golf...

The reason I love golf is because it seriously saved my life. I know, I know its just a game they say...Well for me it really did, after taking two pieces of shrapnell in my lower back, doing anything active seemed impossible and in 2005, I left the army with little hope that I would ever gain that drive that I had when I was an athlete competing among my peers. I was in my first year of school at Texas State University and I was offered a Jr Golf Coaching job and I jumped on it, part of the perk of the job was free golf at the course and I started really playing golf. I lost a lot of weight and more importantly gained that drive to compete and my mental health has never been better. I live in West Texas and hope to grow the game for jr golfers and also bring wounded veterans out on the course and show them what I learned on the course. You can compete, you can be active and golf did that for me...So call it just a sport, it save me.
You know you love golf when your driving down a highway and look off on the side of the road to a big open field and imagine how you would play that field!

1 comment:

  1. I admire the passion you have for playing golf and all the great plans you have with it in the future. I'm glad that you were able to find something to keep you active after the incident and bring that drive you lost. Playing golf doesn't only keep you busy but also it helps you keep in shape. Good luck in your future endeavors, Tim!

    Jeni Seckman @ Winning Ways Golf

    ReplyDelete